Monday, January 18, 2016

Final book review

I will talk about the book I chose, which is "My Vegetarian Diet Genie."

What I liked best about the book: was that the English the author use in this book is fairly easy to be read and understood. Besides, the contents are well organized so that helped me understand as well.
Some of the book's flaws: when it explains the benefits of being vegetarian or when it tells about the specific ingredients, like vitamins, same terms were used too often. Thus, it was a bit tiring to read  that part. Maybe it can't be helped because there are no synonyms for those terminologies.

Having read the book, I have actually gotten some kind of knowledge about vegetarianism in the end.

I think the part the book suggests how vegetarians could shop at a supermarket and prepare meals for children was quite interesting. Basically, you should try to complete grains, leafy vegetables, beans, and nuts.

You could cover calcium, vitamin B12, iron, and protein, so you should not worry about those nutritions.

Then the profits from being vegetarians are that you would be at low risk for cardiovascular diseases (because of low cholesterol diet), hypertension, diabetes (because of complex carbohydrates, and low in fat), cancer (because of low rate in fat, high in fibre, and betacarotene).

At the end of the book, it says that do not be afraid of new things.  

So, I might as well try to apply the knowledge that I have gotten from the book to my daily life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment